[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1372
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-12-14 02:13:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Is there a way?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Dennis Willson wrote:
> I have written my first Milter and it appears to be working pretty
> well.
>
> I have a question... Is there a way to respond to a milter entry point
> that indicates to Sendmail to continue to sent the rest of the
> information to this Milter, but stop sending to any other Milters that
> might be installed?

No.

There might be a method in Sendmail 8.14, if I ever get around to
testing the patch I wrote to do this and submitting it to Claus for
inclusion.

> Dennis Willson

BTW you should read the Netiquette Guidelines about annoyingly long
signatures. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt

     - If you include a signature keep it short.  Rule of thumb
       is no longer than 4 lines.  Remember that many people pay for
       connectivity by the minute, and the longer your message is,
       the more they pay.

While cost is less an issue these days, its often annoying to see a
signature that is almost as long as the message.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search