[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1371
From: Dennis Willson
Date: 2006-12-13 15:10:55 -0500
Subject: Is there a way?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I have written my first Milter and it appears to be working pretty
well.

I have a question... Is there a way to respond to a milter entry point
that indicates to Sendmail to continue to sent the rest of the
information to this Milter, but stop sending to any other Milters that
might be installed?

The reason I ask is;
My Milter is a honeypot/Spamtrap. So when a connection is made it
looks up to see of that host is blacklisted in its blacklist, if so it
rejects. If not it waits to see if the rcpt to is to one of the
honeypot addresses or domains. If so, it optionally records the
headers and part of the body (up to the first 2048 bytes) into either
a text file or an SQL database or both. When in the rcpt to phase if
it's one of the honeypot addresses I want to continue to receive the
headers and body, but I don't want any other Milters to do anything.
My system runs smf=-sav and Milter-greylist and they should ignore
anything the spamtrap has decided to record.

Right now I have to keep seperate whitelists for each Milter as I add
honeypot addresses which is a pain. I would think there should be a
way for a Milter to clain an email and all other Milters are now
"hands off" without stopping the SMTP process for the Milter claiming
the email.

Thanks for any answers...

Dennis Willson

taz@taz-mania.com
http://www.taz-mania.com

Ham (Extra Class): ka6lsw
Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt, Equip, UW Photographer,
Gas Blender

Owner: Kepnet Internet Services

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"

Lists Index Date Thread Search