[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1364
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-12-12 03:01:29 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-spamc not reading config

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Barry S. Quiel wrote:
> milter-spamc seems to not be reading the config file.  I have tried
> everything I can think of and checked all the permissions of
> files/directories:
>
> /etc/mail root:smmsp 750
> /etc/mail/milter-spamc smmsp:smmsp 640

The default configuration file is called:

	/etc/mail/milter-spamc.cf

The recommended owner and group permissions for the file are not
important since the milter must be first run as root and later changes
process permissions after initialising.

> milter-spamc is "run as" smmsp.  Milter-sender reads its config fine with
> the same user/perms.
>
> I tried runnig milter-spamc with the file option defined on the command
> line but it thinks that is a socket to read from and not the config file.

# milter-spamc file=/etc/mail/milter-spamc.cf

is equivalent to

# milter-spamc

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search