[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1359
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-12-08 02:36:32 -0500
Subject: Re: Milter-Date Failing to Start

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Thom Paine wrote:
> I have RHEL3 and have installed milter-date. I am unable to get it to
> start. I have checked all the permissions on all the files from the
> installation notes, and when I check my /var/log/maillog I don't have
> the error about milter-date being unable to access
> /etc/mail/access.db.
>
> I don't know where else to look to see why the milter won't start.
> Where would I enable the logging to see why it won't start up?

Is there a core file in the work-dir, usually /var/tmp? Probably not
since often that involves setting a kernel option to allow setuid or
daemon programs to dump core, it varies from platform to platform and
sometimes between OS versions.

Are you using the default milter-socket setting or did you change it to
a new location or internet port? For the former, check directory / file
permissions on the socket and process users of sendmail & milter-date.
For the latter, is the internet port already in use, should be log
message about this; use netstat to check.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search