[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1354
From: Quentin Campbell
Date: 2006-12-06 09:05:30 -0500
Subject: Line lengths & milter-link

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

We are still experiencing an intermittent problem with milter-link
(0.3.16).

Most of the time it correctly whitelists messages from hosts on our
internal network but sometimes it fails to. Thus a message with a
particular URL is whitelisted one day but the next day that URL causes
the message to be rejected.

On all the mornings that I have had "verbose=info,trace,db" set the
messages have been correctly whitelisted. Due to the volume of traffic
at this site I cannot leave this level of debugging running 24/7.

I am desperately casting around for possible explanations for this
behaviour! The messages in question contain records extracted from web
proxy logs. The record length can thus exceed 1k. Could the length of
records in a message cause milter-link to ignore whitelisting entries in
access.db?

Quentin

Lists Index Date Thread Search