[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1347
From: Christopher Lindsey
Date: 2006-12-04 14:56:21 -0500
Subject: Re: Is milter-limit per IP aware?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

We never had a blacklist, but it's moot since I'm through now.  I just
realized that I deleted that log file in an emergency disk space issue
anyhow.  :)

> milter-limit limits messages, not connections. A single connection can
> pass multiple messages.

I'm sorry -- I meant messages.

> +cache-by-individual is what you want. In hind sight it should have been
> the original behaviour and not an option, but that evolution for ya.

Cool, thanks!

So to confirm, you're saying that with -cache-by-individual on and
this entry:

   milter-limit-Connect:141.142        100/1h

100 messages sent from 141.142.0.0 will result in that IP being rejected,
but 141.142.0.1 will continue to be able to send.

I also wanted to say thanks for milter-ahead and milter-spamc; they've been
great, worth every penny, and saved our servers from topping into a very,
very deep spam abyss.

Chris

Lists Index Date Thread Search