[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1346
From: Thom Paine
Date: 2006-12-04 14:19:39 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-date RHEL3

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> Did you not read the documentation? In the Notes section is a summary of
> the recommended file permissions and ownership. Typically:
> * /etc/mail/access.db   root:smmsp   740
> * Normally milter user is a member of smmsp group and so should be able
> read the access.db file.

Yes, I found this after I posted, but I made the change and it didn't
help. I see in my /var/log/maillog file an error about accessing
/etc/mail/access.db but the milter is still not starting up properly.

I have my perms set like you mentioned, but I'm not sure why the
milter is still not starting.

Should I have viles in /var/run/milter? Or does the milter cread a
.socket and a .pid when it starts up?

Lists Index Date Thread Search