[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1343
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-12-04 14:00:30 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-date RHEL3

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Thom Paine wrote:
> Trying to get the milter working, I am getting an error starting
> milter-date. It just comes up with failed.

I think all my milters use Berkeley DB, so milter-date may be failing if
it wasn't built with BDB correctly, though there is usually a log
message to this effect when it starts.

> I also have mailscanner, so I'm not sure if that is interfering with
> the set up or not.

Nope. milters and mailscanner and two very different techinques with no
overlap. Actually, it's more likely that a milter will affect
MailScanner (ie. reduce its load) than the otehr way round.

> I can't seem to see any log files that might tell me why the milter won't start.

When in doubt:

a) verbose=all or verbose=info,trace,db,cache,dialog tend to be interesting.

b) make sure that your /etc/syslogd.conf has mail.debug or mail.* set.
Typical settings use mail.info level, which means many of the verbose
settings in the milter never reach the logs. If you change this file,
remember to HUP the syslogd process after.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search