[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1342
From: Christopher Lindsey
Date: 2006-12-04 13:47:18 -0500
Subject: Is milter-limit per IP aware?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I've been having problems getting this through to the list; I haven't
received a copy in my mailbox or seen it on the Web archive after posting
twice last week.

Apologies if this results in a duplicate for anyone!

Chris

----- Forwarded message from Christopher Lindsey <lindsey@ncsa.uiuc.edu> -----

Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:31:42 -0600
From: Christopher Lindsey <lindsey@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
To: milters@milter.info

Is there any way to limit inbound connections on a per IP basis with
milter-limit?

I understand that I can say 'only allow n messages from this IP range',
but is it possible to say 'only allow n messages for each system in
this IP range?'

In simpler terms, I only want to allow 100 messages per hour from any IP
address, but I don't want to list each individual address in two /16s.

It wasn't clear to me if the 'cache-by-individual' option did this, or if
it was just a way to store data so that multiple rule groups can share the
same data.

If milter-limit can't do this, is anyone aware of another milter that does?

Thanks,

Chris

----- End forwarded message -----

Lists Index Date Thread Search