[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1322
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-12-02 04:21:16 -0500
Subject: Re: two cache-type options?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

 > May I know why a broadcast solution was selected? It prevents
 > the sharing of cache entries across remote MX servers that serve
 > the same domain, which would make it really useful..

I've added some unicast support to the multicast cache API and new
options to milter-gris: cache-unicast-domain and cache-unicast-port to
address the above point. Its still UDP based. This will remove the need
for a VPN that can carry multicast packets between different networks in
most instances.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search