[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1310
From: Michael Elliott
Date: 2006-11-30 04:53:08 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-gris still blacklisting the same tripel for > 2 days

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> > But, you have a second problem.  Your milter-gris process keeps changing
> > process ids, so it is continuously crashing and restarting.  Notice the
> > milter-gris[8554]: 00028, it is really milter-gris[process_id]: message_number
_processed
> > and you are not going over 100 before you move on to a new process id.
>
> I am actually restarting it by cron every 30 minutes because it started to
> hang.
>
> I think the real issue is that it seems to be creating the cache-file,
> but never writes to it..
> Caching seems to work fine, but it loses the cached info when it stops/restarts.

Ok.  Next suggestion would be to cd to the directory that the database is stored
in and try:

sudo chgrp milter .
sudo chmod 775 .
and see if it is a file access permission problem.  The program may be starting
as root, creating its database, changing its permissions, and then dropping
owner from root to milter.  At that point, it may have a problem on file
permissions.  Just a stab in the dark here.  If you are sharing the directory
with other critical daemons, you may want to move the database to its own
directory owned by milter:milter instead.

Milter-gris doesn't close down its database very well when the program is
restarted, and it can corrupt its database easily when you are shutting down
that often.  For some reason, the database consistancy checks are off by
default in the latest version, so corrupt databases are not reset on startup.
I don't know Anthony's reason why it is off.

-Mike Elliott

Lists Index Date Thread Search