[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1302
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2006-11-30 01:45:24 -0500
Subject: Re: [SPAM] White list this list...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Not to pick a fight on how the mailing list is run, but I have the following questions.

What address should be white listed?  According to the headers each message comes from the
original senders email address.  According to MTA logs, the message is from
"milters-bounce@milter.info".

Is there a reason why the messages in to the mailing list are not cleaned up a bit as far
as removing (unneeded) headers?

Is there a reason why the message is not cleaned up to appear to be directly from the
mailing list manager verses maintaining the original received headers?  Specifically, when
I send this message, it will appear as if your server is sending messages from my domain,
which my SPF records indicate that your server is not authorized to do.

Just some food for thought.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search