[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1295
From: Mathias Koerber
Date: 2006-11-29 00:31:11 -0500
Subject: Re: two cache-type options?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony,

Anthony Howe said the following on 28/11/2006 16:13:

>> two cache-type options?
>
> This is a know mistake.

Not to sound negative, but many problems reported are
responded to with 'it's known'. I just point to the
bad md5 signatures on the site and many website documentation
issues (wrong access-file semantics etc)

IMHO it would be good if issues that become known were
quickly updated in a 'known issues' list, so that users don't
have to fall over them again and again and multiple reports
be avoided.
And the md5 issue should imho be fixed, so that users can
have a level of trust in the downloaded archives.

That said, I might be willing to test the cache code
but I will not be having to multiple servers, so I cannot
test the broadcast.

May I know why a broadcast solution was selected? It prevents
the sharing of cache entries across remote MX servers that serve
the same domain, which would make it really useful..

Lists Index Date Thread Search