[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1294
From: Jon Rowlan
Date: 2006-11-28 15:33:20 -0500
Subject: Milter-ahead

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I have concocted a mail addresses on my in house systems to send a TXT
via our Mail System (Gfi Faxmaker)

As the mail address is designed to be use as a gateway to a TXT device
and its expensive to send TXT's I wanted to avoid the normal mail
address harvesting problems.

I have created an intrnal domain called

2006.sms

I have recompiled the milter-ahead software to recognise this as a valid
domain and that part works fine.

In my virtusertable however, I remap

12345678@2006.sms

12345678@smsmaker.com

Which then passes the mail to an SMTP Windows 2003 gateway server for
faxing. The number part of this is the SMS phone number.

The problem is that I want to stop milter-ahead from looking ahead for
the address because it consistantly fails whereas I know that a straight
send without a milter-ahead is fine.

I don't want to open my server up to relay from the remote IP, ideally
I'd like to only allow mail on this domain from one distinct user (from
mail address).

My problem is that I don't know the best way to go about this, the
documentation suggests that milter-ahead will not query ahead in the the
case of a domain listed in mailertable as

smsmaker.com        esmtp:[x.y.z.u]

But it seems that the milter-ahead kicks in before the virtusertable and
looks up 12345678@2006.sms before it remaps the mail address.

Ideally, I would like to rename the "from" address in mail envelope and
also to stop milter-ahead from looking forward for this one mail
addresss range.

Can someone suggest the best way to do this?

Many thanks all,

jON

Lists Index Date Thread Search