[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1260
From: Taylor, Grant
Date: 2006-11-14 14:18:34 -0500
Subject: Re: Question about user passed by milter-spamc to spamd...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe wrote:
> Well I learned something new today. Shame SpamAssassin has such poor
> protocol documentation.  This would be the sort of thing to include in
> the document.

Indeed!

>> So, I guess this is turning in to a feature request for milter-spamc to have
>> a new option that will pass the recipient email address as the user name to
>> SpamC verses just the local part of the email address.  Thoughts / opinions
>> are welcomed and appreciated.
>
> That would be easy enough to add if you don't use a mixed model. Its
> becomes problematic though if you need to support both local and virtual
>   users - how to tell which is which, as virtusertable might not be used
> in all cases.

I'm sorry.  Let me clarify what I was thinking.  Leave the default action to
be send the local part as the user name as you presently are doing.  Add an
option that will send the entire recipient address as milter-spamc received
it from Sendmail to SpamAssassin.  I.e. no option in config or on command
line means use existing user name semantics.  In the presences of the
option, send the entire recipient to email address.  I see no reason that
you would need to even touch virtusertable.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search