[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1255
From: Taylor, Grant
Date: 2006-11-14 12:13:10 -0500
Subject: Re: Question about user passed by milter-spamc to spamd...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe wrote:
> With the appropriate option, -no-user-config,  milter-spamc will send
> the local-part of before the at-sign to spamd in the case of a single
> recipient, otherwise use the spamd-user in the case of multiple recipients.

If I understand you correctly the "-no-user-config" option will only send
the local / user part of an address to spamd (presuming that there is only
one recipient).  So what happens in the following cases?

from <> to gtaylor@riverviewtech.net
vs.
from <> to gtaylor@clientsdomain.com

As I understand you, you will only pass gtaylor to spamd for both messages.
  Correct?

Using the "default" user is an interesting and acceptable way to deal with
messages that are to multiple recipients.  This helps clarify why the
default user is in place, compared to what reading I have done elsewhere.

Thanks,

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search