[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1254
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-11-14 11:53:28 -0500
Subject: Re: Question about user passed by milter-spamc to spamd...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Grant Taylor wrote:
> Today I tried switching SpamAssassin to pull it's user configs from an SQL
> database.  I did managed to get it to work.  However I was surprised to find
> that SpamAssassin was looking for user names that were the unix shell
> account name and not the recipient email address.  Unfortunately this means
> that SQL based user prefs will not provide what I'm needing to filter email
> that is relayed through my server.
>
> Does any one know if SpamAssassin is receiving the user name to search for
> from Milter-SpamC or if it is SpamAssassin its self that is doing the email
> address to unix shell account translation?

With the appropriate option, -no-user-config,  milter-spamc will send
the local-part of before the at-sign to spamd in the case of a single
recipient, otherwise use the spamd-user in the case of multiple recipients.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search