[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1253
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-11-14 11:45:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Whitelisting domains for milter-link

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Richard McLean wrote:
>> In most of my milters it defaults to on, but in milter-link I felt it
>> was more important to scan for suspicious links and so it defaults to
>> off. Alternatively you can use in the access.db:
>>
>> 	milter-link-auth:		OK
>

> Great, that would explain it. So does that mean that it's not actually
> delay_checks that letting them through, but the in-milter setting?
> Or if delay_checks was off would that override the smtp-auth-ok
> setting that's on by default in the other milters?

FEATURE(`delay_checks') has no influence on any of my milters;
+smtp-auth-ok is normally the default in all but a handful of SnertSoft
milters. The only thing I check for is Spam: recipient entries in
access.db and use them if present and not trumped by something else in
the in lookup sequence.

In order for +smtp-auth-ok or the milter-link-auth tags to work, the
{auth_authen} macro has to be passed between sendmail and libmilter,
normally part of the default set. Please see this article concerning how
to assert the defaults.

http://www.snert.com/Software/ecartis/index.php?go=/milters/2006-06/959

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search