[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1248
From: Quentin Campbell
Date: 2006-11-13 08:46:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Milter-link whitelisting per recipient

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe wrote:

>Is this a problem in the copying of the access file to each machine
>followed by a subsequent rebuild of access.db. As previous mentioned in

>another thread "Re: ...failed to open "/etc/mail/access.db":
Permission"
>about the difference between "create then move" vs "overwrite". If
you
>are generating the access.db on one machine and copying that to other
>machines then this is just another instance of the "create then move"
>problem. If you copy the access source file to each machine, which in
>turn regenerates a local access.db, then that should work.

It may well have been the result of me copying the access.db file to
other gateways to make an immediate change to Sendmail. The source would
also have been copied but is only used to regenerate access.db once each
day at 0500.

I will be a bit more careful about this in future.

Quentin

Lists Index Date Thread Search