[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1245
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-11-13 03:18:45 -0500
Subject: Re: Whitelisting domains for milter-link

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Richard McLean wrote:

> We recently had a case where one of our major suppliers was in the
> surbl.org blacklist for a short period, and all emails with their domain
> name in them were being blocked. Is it possible to whitelist a domain
> with milter-link not linked to a particular sender or recipient? That is,
> even if the domain appears in the blacklist to let it through?

This should be cover in the documentation, but I appear to have
accidentally overwritten it or completely forgotten to add it.

You can specify in the access.db

	milter-link-body:example.com		OK

to exclude domains from URI BL lookups. So for example you might say:

milter-link-body:w3c.org                OK
milter-link-body:sourceforge.net        OK
milter-link-body:snert.com              OK
milter-link-body:snertsoft.com          OK
milter-link-body:yahoo.com              OK
milter-link-body:msn.com                OK
milter-link-body:com.com                OK
milter-link-body:yimg.com               OK
milter-link-body:hotmail.com            OK
milter-link-body:doubleclick.net       	REJECT
milter-link-body:ebaystatic.com         OK
milter-link-body:aol.com                OK
#milter-link-body:rds.yahoo.com         	REJECT

> I was also wondering about AUTH'ed traffic and milter-link. We have
> delay_checks turned on, and this seems to work with the other
> milters allowing AUTH'ed traffic through, but not with milter-link.
> Is there any way to specify that should make it through? Thanks!

You could try the option:

	+smtp-auth-ok

In most of my milters it defaults to on, but in milter-link I felt it
was more important to scan for suspicious links and so it defaults to
off. Alternatively you can use in the access.db:

	milter-link-auth:		OK

to set a default for any AUTH tag; or you can be more selective about
which AUTH can be excluded. This is covered in the documentation.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search