[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1240
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-11-09 14:05:27 -0500
Subject: Re: milter to limit nrcpts by sender

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Mathias Koerber wrote:
>>> Is there a milter I can use to limit messages by ncrpts
>>> (number of individual envelope addresses) differently
>>> for different users?
>> Hmm. milter-limit comes close, but I my reading of this is you want to
>> limit number of RCPTs per message vs. overall messages over time. The
>> former can easy be done as a new milter or milter-cli with a simple
>> script to start counting RCPTs and start rejecting/temp.failing after N
>> RCPTs per message appear.
>>
>> The only problem is per-user or per-domain recipient configuration. Each
>
> Sorry. the configuration is per sender.
> I want userA to be able to send mails to 100 users, while userB can
> only send mails with 10 RCPTs in one go.

Applying configuration limits by MAIL FROM: is certainly possible either
as a new milter, extension to an existing milter, or using a script in
milter-cli (see envelope-filter option).

> This should ideally go along with milter-limit sizing, so that one
> cannot overcome each limit by splitting or combining mails

milter-length deals with message sizes. milter-limit deals with overall
message counts over a time period.

A separate milter is not a problem since using multiple milters would
achieve the desired effect. Either way what you ask for is not difficult.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search