[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1238
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-11-09 12:06:49 -0500
Subject: Re: milter to limit nrcpts by sender

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Mathias Koerber wrote:
> Is there a milter I can use to limit messages by ncrpts
> (number of individual envelope addresses) differently
> for different users?

Hmm. milter-limit comes close, but I my reading of this is you want to
limit number of RCPTs per message vs. overall messages over time. The
former can easy be done as a new milter or milter-cli with a simple
script to start counting RCPTs and start rejecting/temp.failing after N
RCPTs per message appear.

The only problem is per-user or per-domain recipient configuration. Each
RCPT is suppose to be a user on your server, yet how do you choose whose
configuration to use? You might have several RCPTs with different
configurations - how to choose: first seen, last seen, highest limit,
lowest limit, or random selection, because you cannot apply them all; if
you tried, you'd have problems with selection criteria.

The idea is interesting, but requires more specification I think.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search