[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1235
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-11-07 03:42:49 -0500
Subject: Re: Milter-null - NOQUEUE

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster wrote:
> Why does milter-queue report NOQUEUE for messages like these?  Sendmail
> appears to know the Queue ID.
>
> Oct 27 02:08:07 host milter-null[20958]: 11204 NOQUEUE: enter
> smfAccessPattern(8bd7570, acqb44.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl, (null), 0)

A queue-id ($i) is ONLY assigned by sendmail once a MAIL FROM: arrives
to start a transaction. So between the time of the connection up to just
before MAIL FROM, the NOQUEUE token is used as the queue-id in logging.
It probably should also be used after the final dot response of one
message and before the next MAIL FROM:, since you're between
transactions. Its for this reason that my milters have a connection or
session-id, like "11204" that appear before the sendmail queue-id that
can be used to thread all the relevant log lines for a session together,
from connection to close.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search