[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1229
From: Quentin Campbell
Date: 2006-11-03 09:13:38 -0500
Subject: Re: ...failed to open "/etc/mail/access.db": Permission denied

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony

Thank you for that. I have now done things "by the book" and all appears
to be OK for the weekend when the systems will be unattended.

Although I do not recollect having done so, I had obviously read the
Notes section for milter-ahead 1.3 because I had the "smmsp" entry in
/etc/group correctly set up.

However I did not bother with the Notes for 1.5 because of course 1.3
had been working OK! :-((

I was also doing a "create then move" for 'access.db' in the nightly
build script which presumably lost the original smmsp group entry for
the file that I would have added when I first installed milter-ahead.

This all begs the question however as to why 'access.db' continued to be
accessible on one set of machines and not another and why the problem
was apparently triggered by updating milter-ahead and milter-link.

Not your problem to try to answer I hasten to add. If I can find any
useful answers I will let you know.

Thanks again for the rapid response and assistance.

Quentin

7116561      http://www.snertsoft.com/

Lists Index Date Thread Search