[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1228
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-11-03 07:22:13 -0500
Subject: Re: ...failed to open "/etc/mail/access.db": Permission

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Quentin Campbell wrote:
> The permissions on /etc/mail/access.db on ALL my gateways has ALWAYS
> been:
>
> -rw-r-----  1 root root 49152 Nov  3 05:01 /etc/mail/access.db
> -rw-r-----  1 root root 49152 Nov  2 05:01 /etc/mail/access.db-
>
> As a temporary measure I guess I can make the permissions 644 after the
> rebuild but need to do this _before_ the milters detect that access.db
> has changed.

Please check the Notes section of the documentation which covers file
permissions and ownership:

http://www.snertsoft.com/sendmail/milter-ahead/#Notes

If you have a makefile or script that rebuilds access.db, be sure to
maintain the permissions and ownership.

Also have a look at this article concerning access.db updates:

http://www.snert.com/Software/ecartis/index.php?go=/milters/2006-09/1160

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search