[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1223
From: Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster
Date: 2006-11-02 08:23:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Milter-null Problems - convertDate problem in LibSnert

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster wrote:
> > The convertDate routine is not working properly on my
> machine.  It only
> > works when the Date String has a -0000 offset.  I added
> some lines to log
> > the Date String and the Returned value:
>
> Hmm. Well I've compiled convertDate as a CLI and have tested
> it. And yep
> there is a bug. It appears when I migrated the function from
> milter-date
> to hibachi and then later into libsnert, I made a mistake.
> The quick fix
> is to remove from convertDate() these two lines:
>
> 	if (zone < -9959 || 9959 < zone)
> 		return -1;
>
> They actually move into convertTimeZone() and the correct fix will
> appear in the next libsnert release. Their absence in the short term
> will not be serious.
>
> --
> Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft

Thanks.  The quick fix works great.

On a related topic, do you expect convertDate to handle extra white-space in
the Date: header?  It returns zero for dates like this:

Date:        Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:03:12 -0600

The LISTSERV software does this to the Header.

Jim
-----
Jim Hermann <hostmaster@UUism.net>
UUism Networks <http://www.UUism.net>
Ministering to the Needs of Online UUs
Web Hosting, Email Services, Mailing Lists
-----

Lists Index Date Thread Search