[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1199
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-10-23 02:55:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-null Problems

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster wrote:
> I did not realize that "expected digest=" was the expected X-Null-Tag.
>
> For some reason, milter-null is expecting the wrong value for X-Null-Tag.

Not necessarily.

>> Oct 22 13:18:17 host milter-null[12986]: 00017
>> k9MIIGsR022231: expected digest=894c6388fc130bb907eb20ee0d93476c
>> Oct 22 13:18:17 host milter-null[12986]: 00017
>> k9MIIGsR022231: checking X-Null-Tag: 2804268fd99d29aab582c99286e1c0e4

Have you installed milter-null on more than one machine? If so you MUST
use the same secret for all the machines otherwise when mail returns you
see multiple different X-Null-Tag that fail to match.

Or did you change your secret part way through your testing?

Also note that I use milter-null on my server with this mailing list and
you should see multiple X-Null-Tags, which is expected. Now if you see a
DSN/MDN return from a server that uses milter-null themselves they will
have added their own X-Null-Tag before returning the DSN/MDN; at your
end you'd find multiple X-Null-Tags and it should eventually match the
one from the original outbound message sent via your servers.

Have you tried to gather copies of the inbound message first to see what
messages are being rejected? milter-cli setup ahead of milter-null can
be used with a simple script to capture messages.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search