[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1197
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-10-23 02:41:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-null Problems

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster wrote:
> (1) whitelist internal email from my virtual domains that may bounce
> messages

The

Connect:127.0.0.1   RELAY

found on most sendmail setups would have done that for you without need
for extra entries. You only really need to add the milter-null-*
variants when you want to reverse or stop a lookup.

> (2) implement milter-null for uuism.net

milter-null-connect:uuism.net	SKIP

SKIP stops a lookup and returns unknown. You had REJECT, which would
just black list the domain.

> (3) not implement milter-null for all 200 other virtual domains

Hmm. Don't think you need this, but then what you had might make sense then:

milter-null-to:      OK

However, milter-null will not reject regular mail, only add a X-Null-Tag.

And for a few days during the transition, you might reject some legit
DSN/MDN in response to mail sent around the time you installed the
milter that hadn't yet been tagged.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search