[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1180
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-10-13 12:35:14 -0400
Subject: Re: disable access.db in milter-spamc

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe wrote:
> I was finding spam was sneaking through unscanned because it had been
> spoofed from "test@localhost.localdomain". So I had to do this:
> localhost.localdomain           RELAY
> localhost                       RELAY
> 127.0.0.1                       RELAY
>
> milter-spamc-From:localhost.localdomain         SKIP
> milter-spamc-From:localhost                     SKIP
> milter-spamc-From:127.0.0.1                     SKIP
>
> Which, IMHO, is kind of dumb.
>
> I tried setting access-db=/dev/null, but milter-spamc didn't really like
> that too much.

First remove

localhost.localdomain RELAY
localhost RELAY

these can be abused by spammers through DNS tricks to use you as an open
relay. As long as you have the 127.0.0.1 RELAY entry, you're fine.

To disable access-db, just specify the empty string:

access-db=''

or

access-db=

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search