[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1165
From: Quentin Campbell
Date: 2006-10-03 07:31:13 -0400
Subject: Can you "whitelist" a pseudo-TLD in milter-link?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

This site uses ".fax" as a psuedo Top Level Domain (TLD).

Our mail gateways recognise messages for addresses within this domain
and relays them to a host that acts as a mail-to-fax gateway.

I have in the /etc/mail/milter-link.cf file:

# Reject top-level-domains not listed by IANA.
+reject-unknown-tld

I find this a useful anti-spam option to have enabled but it conflicts
with our requirement to continue to use the ".fax" domain. It would be a
pity to have to disable the "reject-unknown-tld" option.

Is there a way that I can 'whitelist' the domain so that the
"+reject-unknown-tld" code ignores ".fax" or treats it as a recognised
TLD?

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           Newcastle University,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.

Lists Index Date Thread Search