[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1125
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-09-04 16:40:47 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-length configuration

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Angelo Iannello wrote:
> I do not succeed to make to leave the process and to create the
> configuration file in /etc/mail/milter-length.cf

	milter-length -help >/etc/mail/milter-length.cf

to create your initial configuration file. Edit it.

> Once launch the process it exits without errors and not logging null on
> syslog, maillog, messages, ecc....

My milters write only to /var/log/maillog (or what ever is the
configured mail log file). Check you syslog.conf to make sure that the
mail log does NOT filter debug level messages (common default on most
unix like systems).

Also check the Notes section as to the suggested permissions.

> I have compiled the libsnert and subsequently milter-length installing
> it in /usr/local/milter-length.

Why? Just use the defaults on Linux which installs into /usr/local/sbin.

> This problem I have it with all the milters of snert.com.

Well I use a standard framework consistent across all my milters. If you
make one work, all should work.

> Succeeding use instead with milter-greylist.

Hmm. Dreyfus' milter is different in design and style from my own. I
suggest you consult:

http://www.snert.com/Software/ecartis/index.php?go=/milters/2006-06/959

To make sure that the default set of macros exist.

> The process is perhaps incompatible with slackware or mistake something I?

Not likely. The SnertSoft milters run on every Linux (Debian, Redhat,
SUSE, Slackware, ...), OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Solaris, Mac OS X, -- anything
POSIX. If there is a problem, it most likely configuration such as file
permissions. Read the documentation once again.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search