[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1112
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-08-24 01:19:07 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-spamc greylist if not in AWL

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Rich Graves wrote:
> Reimplementing an idea from http://www.ehsco.com/misc/sagrey/
>
> If threshold < score < threshold+extra-reject *and* the spamd report did
> not contain an AWL line (i.e., this is the first message we have ever
> received from this mail-from/netblock tuple), then tempfail the message.
> A compromise for people like me who find full greylisting to be too
> strict, but want to avoid delivering likely-spam messages from throwaway
> addresses.
>
> There's a lot of ways one could imagine combining greylisting and
> spamassassin; this is just one.

This will more of less NOT work as desired. RFC 2821 states that after
the final dot concerning a message content the ONLY responses possible
are accept or reject. Temporary failure is not an option. Therefore your
patch will have unpredictable results since either sendmail will convert
  450 to 550 before sending to the client or the client may treat the
450 as 550 based on their interpretation of RFC 2821.

See RFC 2821 4.1.1.4 DATA paragraph 4.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search