[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1108
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-08-22 13:02:54 -0400
Subject: Re: I want "milter-spamc-Connect:" to override "reject-unknown-tld"

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Rich Graves wrote:
> The email is delivered fine. +reject-unknown-tld is just a warning when
> the sender is whitelisted.
>
> *However*, the RFC 2821 check is a hard error even if the sender is
> whitelisted:

That's because its part of the address parser that adheres to the RFC
2821 grammar where the <angle brackets> are required. The address has to
be parsed first into its component parts before any B/W list lookups occur.

> MAIL FROM: rcgraves@brandeis.edu

This is wrong. It should be:

	MAIL FROM:<rcgraves@brandeis.edu>

The software sending this is BROKEN and its author should be contacted
to correct it for RFC conformance. However, as you found you can disable
this until they fix their code by:

	-rfc2821-syntax

> 553 5.1.0 rcgraves@brandeis.edu... address does not conform to RFC 2821
> syntax

> Btw, it's annoying that spamd-socket=unix:/var/run/milter/spamd.sock
> fails, but the unix: prefix is legal (or even required?) for the
> milter-socket parameter.

The milter-socket option passes directly to libmilter for processing.
Its format was not invented by me. I choose not to duplicate it for
spamd-socket since I can easily distinguish between the three types of
address format (file path, IPv4, IPv6).

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search