[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1089
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-08-08 04:15:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Change / Feature request for Milte-Spiff...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Grant Taylor wrote:
> Would it be possible to update / change / add a feature to Milter-Spiff
> such that it would change the headers that are added to messages from:
>
> Received-SPF: Pass; ...
> Received-SPF: None; ...
>
> To something like:
>
> Received-SPF-Envelope: Pass; ...
> Received-SPF-Hello: None; ...

No. The Received-SPF header is specified by the now published RFC 4408.
See section 7 of http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4408.txt?number=4408

> This will facilitate checking the Pass / None / Fail value for each of
> the header and envelope tests via SpamAssassin.  My main goal is to
> decrease the spam score in SA if the tests pass.  At present I think SA
> is getting confused by the existence of the "Received-SPF" header
> existing twice.

Then that is an SA problem to fix. There is a Received-SPF header for
each identity that is checked. If the milter checks both MAIL FROM: and
HELO, then those two identities will each have a corresponding
Received-SPF header.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search