[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 999
From: Marc Dirix
Date: 2006-07-08 08:59:13 -0400
Subject: Re: Looking ahead for "over quota" mailboxes

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> So what I did was write a small script that runs a quota check and
> adds those names to the access.db for rejection.  I run this every
> few hours as a cron job so that if a user does clean out their
> inbox it will get updated in a timely fashion.

Every few hours?? How about every 5 minutes or less?

I use dbmail to store my email, it has a build-in quota check which
rejects the mail during sendmails
connection to the dbmail-lmtp server.

The sender gets a nice reject messages back with over quota.

It is also possible to write a small milter with sql access to check
the users quota so the email can be rejected earlier (during milter-
sender check et all).

Therefor, a milter-sql would be a nice addition, with possibly custom
sql queries like sasl has for
authentication (which actually works with dbmail).

/Marc

Lists Index Date Thread Search