[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1079
From: Peter Bates
Date: 2006-07-26 10:42:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Trouble with Postfix 2.3 and milter-clamc

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hello again...

>The rDNS of the IP fails to yield a FQDN. The milter does some basic
>checks for valid connecting client hostname and domains in email
address.

Indeed... ah well, the problem was of my own design.
The system I was using to test also happened to have a simple entry in
/etc/hosts
on the receiving server which overrided the FQDN from a DNS lookup.
That stupid error sorted, all is now working wonderfully!

Thanks once again for this great piece of work... it's nice to
know that I finally have a solution for checking certain things to
allow rejection of email before it's actually queued.

Hurray!

Peter Bates, Systems Support Officer, IT Services.
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Telephone:0207-958 8353 / Fax: 0207- 636 9838

Lists Index Date Thread Search