[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1078
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-07-26 10:13:47 -0400
Subject: Re: Trouble with Postfix 2.3 and milter-clamc

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Peter Bates wrote:
> Well, no sooner is there milter support in Postfix
> and subsequent releases of the milters here, does someone try and use
> them...
>
> I'm getting the following error in testing:
>
> Jul 26 14:26:57 bresslaw postfix/smtpd[4259]: connect from
> icecube[193.63.251.18]
> Jul 26 14:26:57 bresslaw milter-clamc[3693]: 00002 NOQUEUE:
> filterOpen(91f1598, 'icecube', [193.63.251.18])
> Jul 26 14:26:57 bresslaw milter-clamc[3693]: 00002 NOQUEUE: host
> icecube [193.63.251.18] from unknown TLD

The rDNS of the IP fails to yield a FQDN. The milter does some basic
checks for valid connecting client hostname and domains in email address.

To skip the TLD test and probably the reserved domain test too use these

	-reject-unknown-tld

	-reject-rfc2606

Also important to note for Postfix access.db support. Something that's
only mentioned in the change logs and -help summary, you will need:

	+smdb-key-has-nul

in order to read an access.db built with postmap(1). If you don't
require B/W listing support, just set

	access-db=''

to disable.

> I can solve this problem adding '-reject-unknown-tld' to
> milter-clamc.cf,
> but I'm a bit curious as to the cause, or whether it's just terrible
> misconfiguration
> on the part of the client I am sending from not properly using a FQDN
> as its HELO/EHLO.

The client name given by Postfix to the milter must be a FQDN. Now it
might be the case that your /etc/hosts does not define a FQDN first for
the IP address and Postfix is picking that one up before trying a PTR
lookup.

> I'm also seeing a few of these:
> Jul 26 13:49:50 bresslaw milter-clamc[3693]: i6QCko0369329d1
> rcpt=notify@milter.info failed to connect
>
> which I don't understand at all!

See the License and the section License Control.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search