[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1075
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-07-24 04:16:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Experiences with caching and milter-ahead

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> I don't understand. Why would the *accept*-ttl be relevant there? Surely
> this should be controlled by the reject-ttl!?

Sorry. I meant reject-ttl.

> BTW, I modified the script milter-cachedump.pl in contrib, so that it
> can be used to delete entries from the cache. I could provide that in
> case anyone's interested ...

I would NOT recommend using an outside script to modify the cache while
the milter is running. It will corrupt the cache. Essentially the BDB in
memory cache will get out of sync with the .db.

You must stop the milter before modifying the cache OR use the SMTP
extension commands to modify the cache while the milter is running.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search