[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1061
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-07-20 12:47:50 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-null

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Notes wrote:
> Using Suse 9.2 with sendmail ,
> after milter is installed milter-null will not start
> /etc/init.d/milter-null start.................[Failed]
> in maillog there is  sentence :
>
> mail milter-null[20677]: failed to open "/etc/mail/access.db"
>
> access.db is certainly there, I tried to change ownership to
> root.milter , but still the same problem

See the Notes section of the documentation for suggested working
ownership and permissions. Verify those first.

Also make sure that the sendmail, makemap, and the milter all agree on
the same BDB version. BDB 1.85 is NOT supported. BDB 3.3 or better is.

Try

	# file /etc/mail/access.db

If that fails to report anything, then see this page for BDB magic file
information:

	http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/install/file.html

This should help to at least identify the .db version being used. You
could also try:

	# string $(which makemap) | grep libdb

to find which libdb was linked. Libsnert/milter-null have to link
against the same version, see libsnert ./configure summary, config.log,
and/or com/snert/include/com/snert/lib/version.h for what versions were
detected. Libsnert chooses the most recent version that has both a
library and matching header files.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search