[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1060
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-07-20 12:38:43 -0400
Subject: Re: Experiences with caching and milter-ahead

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> Thanks, that's good to know. I've decreased our reject-ttl to one hour,
> but I've left the accept-ttl at its default of one week. The way I see
> it a false positive doesn't do that much harm, i.e. if a previously
> valid address has been disabled in the meantime it might cause a few
> backscatter bounces, but that seems acceptable to me.

You have to watch out for the inverse case. You receive mail for a new
address that is rejected BEFORE the address has been created. IN that
case the new address cannot receive mail until the accept-ttl for teh
entry expires, the cache is discarded, or experimental SMTP session
commands are issued to delete individual entries (the last requires
specially built sendmail & libmilter versions).

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search