[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1058
From: Greg Matthews
Date: 2006-07-20 05:47:15 -0400
Subject: Re: Experiences with caching and milter-ahead

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:

> One other thing: We use four servers for the milter in a load-balanced
> cluster. On one of of these I had a corrupted cache, i.e. all updates
> failed. We use RHEL 3 with its db4-4.1.25-8.1 RPM. db_verify shows:

not had any problem with cache corruption. I have come across the issue
of a target MTA rejecting a mail due to a config problem and then that
reject is cached at my relay after the problem is solved on the target
MTA until the ttl expires. This is unavoidable AFAICT.

The only other problem I've seen with milter-ahead is resource
exhaustion. Unless there are tight limits on connection rates and number
of connections etc setup within the sendmail.cf, milter-ahead can run
out of process space and die. This is a sendmail config issue rather
than a milter-ahead one tho.

GREG

--
Greg Matthews           01491 692445