[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1054
From: Sebastian Hagedorn
Date: 2006-07-20 03:09:27 -0400
Subject: Re: Experiences with caching and milter-ahead

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

--==========ED1AD6CA2804D0A5C6C4==========

--On 19. Juli 2006 18:41:56 +0200 Anthony Howe <achowe@snert.com> wrote:

> Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
>> One other thing: We use four servers for the milter in a load-balanced
>> cluster. On one of of these I had a corrupted cache, i.e. all updates
>> failed. We use RHEL 3 with its db4-4.1.25-8.1 RPM. db_verify shows:
>
>> I just deleted it, but I wonder if this is a common problem?
>
> I've not heard of any cache corruption problems in a long long time.

OK, perhaps it was just a fluke.

> Also I hope to address the issue of sharing caches in all of my milters
> that use them by this fall with a new caching solution. I have a design
> in mind and plan to implement this summer.

That's good to hear. Hm, now I wonder if I misunderstood that statement ... =

are you talking about the caches for more than one milter on the same=20
machine? In our case (four separate milter servers) it would actually be=20
nice to be able to keep the cache on a central server. We do that for our=20
own greylisting implementation by using a central MySQL server. But that's=20
not what you had in mind, is it?
--=20
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Geb=E4ude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
Zentrum f=FCr angewandte Informatik - Universit=E4tsweiter Service RRZK
.:.Universit=E4t zu K=F6ln / Cologne University - Tel. +49-221-478-5587.:.
                   .:.:.:.Skype: shagedorn.:.:.:.
--==========ED1AD6CA2804D0A5C6C4==========

--==========ED1AD6CA2804D0A5C6C4==========--

Lists Index Date Thread Search