[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1053
From: Panagiotis Christias
Date: 2006-07-19 13:06:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Experiences with caching and milter-ahead

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On 7/19/06, Anthony Howe <achowe@snert.com> wrote:
> Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> > One other thing: We use four servers for the milter in a load-balanced
> > cluster. On one of of these I had a corrupted cache, i.e. all updates
> > failed. We use RHEL 3 with its db4-4.1.25-8.1 RPM. db_verify shows:
>
> > I just deleted it, but I wonder if this is a common problem?
>
> I've not heard of any cache corruption problems in a long long time.
>
> Also I hope to address the issue of sharing caches in all of my milters
> that use them by this fall with a new caching solution. I have a design
> in mind and plan to implement this summer.

No cache corruption problems here too, although our setup (National
Technical University of Athens, Greece) is quite smaller, less than
one hundred messages per day.

Regarding the cache TTL, we are quite conservative. Currently, we have
set cache-reject-ttl to 10 minutes and cache-accept-ttl to 3 days. Our
cache hit ratio, calculated on a daily basis, is around 40%; good
enough I think.

Regards,
Panagiotis

Lists Index Date Thread Search