[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1042
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-07-18 09:55:54 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-clamc help (was Re: Re: milter suggestion/request)

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Michael Grinnell wrote:
> Hmm, no love.  Trace shows it talking to milter-clamc, but no header is
> added.  Does it only add headers to mail with attachments?  Any ideas?

Ah. What is your test case?

Someone else asked a similar question recently. From what I've observed
of clamd, it looks at the whole message, the text portions for phish,
the attachments for executables. This makes sense since an executable
can never be part of the readable message portion, it would never
trigger in text/plain and only in text/html via a cid: inline attachment
block.

So if you are pasting the EICAR test virus into your message body, it
will not be found (possibly because its consists of all ASCII
characters), where as if you include it as an attachment with any name
you choose, it will be caught.

> # A comma separated word list of what to write to the mail log:
> verbose=trace

verbose=info,trace,db,dialog

is more interesting.  Info and trace for general progress. Db for
access.db B/W lookups. Dialog for milter/clamd I/O summary.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search