[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1040
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-07-16 02:30:51 -0400
Subject: Re: milter suggestion/request

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Grant Taylor wrote:
>> With milters like milter-clamc, et. al. that support tagging, do you
>> have any plans to expand the tagging functionality?  I would like to
>> be able to tag mail by adding headers rather than rewriting the
>> subject line.  That way we can have advanced users filter by header
>> and it doesn't scare novice users...
>
> Michael, presently I have milter-spamc (I presume that milter-clamc will
> do the same) adding headers as well as altering the subject.  If you
> want to turn off the subject rewrite, use "-s ''".

Using the method Grant states is probably the best and most clear.

Some of the newer milters when policy=none, will still add headers to
the message. However, this behaviour is undocumented and
counter-intuitive to what "none" is. At some future date I might add
policy=header as a more clear indication, but for now I would suggest:

	policy=tag  subject-tag=''

as equivalent to the missing policy=header choice. This is the same as
Grant's suggestion, but using the new option format that replaced the
older dash-letter format recently.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search