[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1017
From: Quentin Campbell
Date: 2006-07-10 07:14:32 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-link & proxy servers

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

[snip]
>milter-link currently has no proxy support for +test-links.
>I'll have to add it to the wish list for the next milter-link release.

[snip]

Anthony

Thanks for the response. There is no urgent need for this at our site
now. We have decided not to uses this feature after all as there are
many situations where this would give a 'false positive' and reject mail
that should have been accepted.

However those sites who do want to use this feature and who also proxy
their outgoing web traffic will need either:

1. an additional option(s) in the milter-link.cf file such as

http_proxy=

Note that an ID/PW pair may also be necessary in some very restrictive
environments - not clear whether this is more an applications issue than
a network issue? There are plenty of models on which you can base the
necessary options. The file /etc/wgetrc is just one example.

OR

2. which ever mechanism you use to follow links honours the environment
variables used to set proxy server names (eg. $http_proxy, $ftp_proxy).

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           Newcastle University,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.
Opinions expressed above are mine.

Lists Index Date Thread Search