[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1014
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-07-10 03:24:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Possible bug in Milter-Sender...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Grant Taylor wrote:
> This weekend I had a domain sending me an email that was causing
> Milter-Sender (v0.62) to Seg Fault.  When I turned up logging, I believe
> I found the problem to be DNS related.  Namely the sending site was
> helloing with a name that resolved to a CNAME that was CNAMEed back to

This bug was found and fixed last year shortly after going commercial.

> P.S.  Anthony, if you would like the domain for testing purposes I'll be
> happy to send it to you off list.

No need. I already have have test cases for the following that are
correctly handled by my code since last year.

; For testing circular references in DNS code.
circular0               IN CNAME        circular0

circular1               IN CNAME        circular2
circular2               IN CNAME        circular3
circular3               IN CNAME        circular1

chain1                  IN CNAME        chain2
chain2                  IN CNAME        chain3
chain3                  IN CNAME        pop

root1                   IN CNAME        .
root2                   IN MX   0       .

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search