[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1008
From: Jim Galley
Date: 2006-07-09 13:22:10 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-link thinks all email is Auth'd OK?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

>> This came up before with Jim Galley, where sendmail macros and other
bits of info don't get set correctly when the sendmail process is in a VM.

In my situation, I was running in a VM under SWSofts virtuoso
environment. In my providers default VM configuration, sendmail is under
xinetd - which conserves VM resources, but causes some problems with
milters.  I ran into a global whitelist issue that was resolved when I
moved sendmail out from xinetd and put it as a standard service. I'm not
so technically up on how to perform the move (it was something I needed
to request from my hosting provider). The Sr. tech was familiar with the
whitelisting problem I described and said that a few clients had similar
problems with sendmail running as a "on demand" service. Once the
sendmail change was made, everything worked correctly.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Lists Index Date Thread Search