[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 984
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-06-22 05:42:10 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-ahead on Solaris

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Rob McMahon wrote:
> I'm trying to get milter-ahead working on Solaris (9, x86), and I
> thought I'd share a few things.  I've had to configure libsnert with
>
> 'CC=cc' 'CFLAGS=-O -D__unix__ -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS'
> '--with-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB'
>
> -D__unix__ because Sun's compiler doesn't define __unix__, only __unix.
> -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS to get the two argument form of sigwait
>
> (Interesting that the CHANGES.TXT mentions:
>   !    Socket.c: fixed sigwait() function signature issues for:
>        SunOS sbox 5.9 Generic_118558-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R
> the manual says this:

Hmm. This would appear to be in Socket.c, which has be dropped from the
libsnert/1.61 release due to be released. It was repalced by socket2.c.

Anyway, I've applied change every where sigwait() is used in my source tree.

> It then compiled, but dumped core on virtually any use.  There's a lot
> of logging of NULL character pointers going on, which Solaris
> deliberately SEGV's on (you can preload 0@0, but that's horrible).

Ah yes. Hmm. Guilty of assuming glibc's nice NULL pointer test for
printf %s arguments. Thank you for the heads up. I've merged those
patches in.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search