[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 977
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-06-11 16:40:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-SpamC request...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Grant Taylor wrote:
> Would it be possible to grow Milter-SpamC to be able to read additional
> lines from the AccessDB to be able to get user score?  I.e. add a line
> to the AccessDB like:
>
> Milter-SpamC-Score:gtaylor@riverviewtech.net|8    REJECT
>
> This way Milter-SpamC could find per user preferences?  This would also
> allow people to set up a different score for each domain.  I.e.
>
> Milter-SpamC-Score:@domain1.tld:5    REJECT
> Milter-SpamC-Score:@domain2.tld:15    REJECT
> Milter-SpamC-Score:@domain3.tld:3    REJECT

Nope. key/value tables don't work that way. For the same reason the
left-hand-side used for the lookup cannot be a regular expression this
will not work. The :num suffix is essentially an unknown quantity and
its inefficient to breakdown the domain and for each breakdown, loop of
20 or 30 :num values.

> Just a thought.
>
> If not I'll go back to the Milter-CLI route.  I just need to come up
> with something that will work for everyone on my system and not just me.

milter-spamc -u supplies the RCPT local-part as the user name to
SpamAssassin so that it can read the user's personal profile for
filtering. I don't see the purpose in duplicating the information again
in some ad-hoc access.db lookup.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search